Tasks and Authorities
In carrying out its Legislation, Budgetary and Oversight Functions, the Indonesian House has the following tasks and authorities:
- To make laws in coordination with the President to get joint approvals
- To deliberate and subsequently approve or reject Government Regulations in lieu of Law
- To receive and deliberate bills proposed by Regional Representative Council (DPD) on regional autonomy, central-local government relations, administrative region proliferation (creation, extension, and merging), management of natural resources and other economic resources, as well as financial balance between central and local governments, while involving DPD at the first deliberation phase.
- To Invite DPD to the first deliberation of bills proposed by the House or the government
- To take into account considerations made by DPD on Bill on the State Budget, as well as bills related to taxes, education, and religious affairs during the first deliberation
- To formulate the state budget, in coordination with the President and by taking into account DPD’s consideration
- To discuss and follow up on results of the oversight report made by DPD on the implementation of laws on regional autonomy, administrative region proliferation (creation, extension, and merging), central-local government relations, natural resources and other economic resources, State Budget management, taxes, education, and religious affairs.
- To elect members of the Supreme Audit Agency (BPK) by taking into account DPD’s consideration
- To discuss and follow up on the audit reports on state budget’s accountability made by BPK
- To provide opinions, approval, and consideration/consultation
- To hear, address, and follow up on people’s interests
- To perform other tasks and authorities as mandated by the 1945 Constitution and the laws